WESTWeb uses streamlined life-cycle thinking to quantify water and wastewater systems' energy use and environmental effects, including greenhouse gases. WESTWeb was developed at the University of California at Berkeley with funding from the California Energy Commission.
1) On the Tool tab, scroll over items underlined in red for brief guidance.
2) For a detailed WESTWeb info, see Background.
3) For frequently asked questions about WESTWeb, see FAQs.
4) For more on the life-cycle assessment (LCA) methodology, see LCA.
5) For a more complete LCA tool for water/wastewater, see WEST model.
6) If necessary, contact the developers. Note: customer service for this tool is not guaranteed.
May 31, 2011
July 18, 2011